Tuesday, January 19, 2016

"digging beneath the surface differences"

“There is no doubt that what I retained in my politics is a sense that the only way I could have a sturdy sense of identity of who I was depended on digging beneath the surface differences of people,” Obama said during an interview. “The only way my life makes sense is if, regardless of culture, race, religion, tribe, there is this commonality, these essential human truths and passions and hopes and moral precepts that are universal. And that we can reach out beyond our differences. If that is not the case, then it is pretty hard for me to make sense of my life. So that is at the core of who I am.”
from "Barack Obama: The Story" by David Maraniss

1 comments:

random said...

Ah, aimar heljee. We'll learn much more bt him and his legacy in 20 yrs from now.