Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Note

row2k - What do you like most about the sport of rowing?

Alex Lizotte - What I like most about the sport of rowing is the team bond and atmosphere. Nowhere else can you find a group of people who push themselves in order to beat the guy next to them and work their body to the bone in order to do so. I have tremendous amounts of respect for my teammates and the bond we have created is through our hard work and desire to win. Waking up at five in the morning to get on the water sounds crazy, but when the sun comes up and warms us as we grind out piece after piece you know you’re alive and I would not give up that feeling for the world. Rowing has taught me many lessons about life and myself. Those lessons begin with never giving up no matter how bad it may be. Push through and finish everything with the best of your ability. It has also taught me that the human body is an amazing thing, when you think you are tired you can look to the guy in front and behind you on the boat pushing harder and breaking barriers. These life lessons helped while I was in the hospital recovering from my treatment, knowing I would be back on a boat again got me through each day and gave me a reason to get out of bed in the morning.

row2k Interview - Navy's Alex Lizotte

0 comments: